Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Are we really poor?

Well my bhartiya bhaiyo/beheno, its just that I was sitting idle in my office just surfing the net when I saw something which just brought me back into the real world.

Now, dont think I saw some gorgeous looking actress in skimpy clothes LOLZ it was in wikipedia where I saw the amount that i spent by our government on a single unit of Su-30MKI, well people who dont know what this is...its a Air superiority fighter, Multirole Fighter, Strike Fighter. The amount is so much that if invested can take care of several needy people for years(I am just talking about the cost spent on a single unit just imagine) the amount is a whooping US$37 million now as we all INDIANS have this habit of converting dollar to rupee I calculated it and found it to be 1868500000/- ONLY...lOLZ more than one hundred and eighty six crores. WHOOFFF.
and you would be amazed to know this that till now our government who is all so willing to eradicate poverty has already produced 116 units ((now do ur own calculation ))

After knowing all this I just asked myself are we really poor or we want to live into that feeling of being called a poor uneducated country. I know many people must be thinking from the defense strength point of view. I am still confused let me be true.. but is that any thing that can be done?? or any alternative??

please do post your comments and lets see what our FUTURE BHARTIYA people says...till then cheers

6 comments:

yks said...

Never looked at it from this point of view... Gr8 finding... It makes me ponder...

immortal soul said...

Thats a gud sign ,,it made you ponder and this thought is the key to revolution..CHEERS

Unknown said...

Great Thinking..I think u r absolutely right..we are simply wasting our money.

linkinrustle said...

Nice attempt..but i think you should elaborate a bit so we gain a bit understanding of the whole picture.Also,like to see both sides of the coin.
Apropos,quaint sense of understanding of things.
Keep it up and enlighten us more.

Saurabh Wadhawan said...

great thought but there are two sides to everything. i will make the other side clearer a bit..

Firstly, India is no more regarded as a POOR or UNEDUCATED country in the global scenario!!

Secondly, each year a certain percentage of gross Indian economy expenditure is allotted to defense as well as to social causes which includes issues such as poverty and all... (money being spent on such issues never gets highlighted though)
this thought provoked me once too, but then seeing the magnitude of a country such as India, its difficult to realize how much important defense is to us specially in current times of extreme "terrorism".

according to me, in the time we are living we need a strong defense unit to back up and showcase our class to other Super countries and even lesser developed countries, not because we aim power, but to prove out stand in the world and show that we are no less than others..

(personal view point, i knw people will differ :) )

immortal soul said...

I am glad and very happy that people are putting forward their views on this..well when I say INDIA being called a poor uneducated ountry ,,i mean it(I am nt talking about the IT and BPO industry but country as a whole)when people in countries in europe america or australia are asked about INDIA it is this what they think..

The amount that is kept aside for education,unemployment or say infrastructure(roads etc.) is never utilised properly infact not used at all.(just compare this amount with that spent on single unit of any hi tech weapon)

Building huge and hitech weapons won't end terrorism for the fact that when we people ourselves are disunited on certain issues of religion caste and other things in our Land of the golden bird and ministers still fool around with us.

I agree that INDIA needs such weapons to strengthen our defence (which is not used against terrorism special task forces are used to tackle them coz terrorists dont come through borders they bang INDIA rite in the body), but I think all of us should take a step forward and tell people around the world that if we have money we better spend them on needy people and do something to elect the right candidate who understands this.

I know I am being a little impractical but this is what my heart says and I think every sane person's that all countries should just unite finish terrorism from the all well known place once and for all and start thinking about our not so blessed brothers and sisters.


I want more responses lets start a debate for and against weapon building....

guys and girls common shout and speak your heart in and out.

till then cheers..