Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Why is TV still here????

Gone are the times when we went berserk on watching bollywood celebs in new ad campaigns on our idiot box. Is the TV viewer ship getting obsolete or watching a celeb is a mundane sight?

Recently, the cola brand major launched it's new campaign featuring one of the current heartthrobs of the bollywood on digital media before launching it on the TV. This was done just to create a viral effect as the brands TG is the youth which without any doubts has made digital media and social media their primary lifeline. The strategist must have contemplated before getting to this decision of targeting around 5million of its target group people. As I myself fall under its TG I would not deny that I was excited to watch an AD featuring a star and a creative theme first on my mobile phone, but I believe many among the TG did not act as was intended by the cola company.

Is it because people might have ignored it and waited for the ad on TV or the marketing wasn't fierce?

I agree that the media both social and digital has everything what an individual needs be it TV serials, Documentaries, movies, live shows and matched, FB etc and thereby taking over the market of the a regular TV, but it seems contradictory when we all see a fierce competition among the LCD and LED makers which on an average semianually launches some new kind of TV.


To sum it all I am still confused and would really appreciate if anyone explains me why :-

1) Campaign on Digital Media(as in the above cola case) is not able to match the popularity when compared to the same campaign on TV?

2) Why is the TV market still growing amid the omnipresent social and digital media that houses everything. well Almost!!

No comments: